Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Getting a Job in Advertising

As I went through I tedious process of landing a job as an ad man I tried to squirrel away all of the good advice I received so that I could one day share it with all of you. So this week on KFADvertising will be for all you eager beavers looking to line up internships or any soon-to-be graduates in more desperate need of a job.

We'll ease into the subject with a few fun stories to give a little preview to the remix and get us going.


One of the most compelling job-hunt stories I've ever seen comes from Gwen Yip. She chronicles her search as a foreigner looking for work in London as an art director. Gwen tells her story through doodled images and reenactments of the process she posts on her blog, WORKING holiday in London. The story has a happy ending because Gwen landed a gig working for Weiden + Kennedy, London.

Jac Madsen is looking for a job and he's documenting the process on his blog, How I got a Job in Advertising. He's also put out a few podcasts of his conversations with various ad people to tell his tale.

I hope I can help some of you hunting for your first job. I hope some of the things I learned can help you guys land an awesome gig. So keep checking in everyday this week, and I'll try to share some words of wisdom from far greater ad men than myself.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are my hero.

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, my friend deserve a knight hood.

David Ogilvy eat your eat out.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger JC said...

I humbly submit my own job search blog for review... please let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions.

http://jessicacolleen.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home